The International Conference “Auction support scheme in Ukraine for Renewable Energy deployment” was held at the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on February 21, 2019. The conference was organized by the Parliament Committee on Fuel and Energy Complex, Nuclear Policy and Nuclear Safety of Ukraine, together with the State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), with the support of the Foundation for Effective Governance of the Great Britain.
The conference participants discussed the implementation of the auction system in Ukraine within the framework of preparation for the second reading of the draft Law “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine with respect to Securing Competitive Conditions for Production of Electricity from Alternative Energy Sources” (No. 8449-d).
Key issues, discussed during the conference:
- Key aspects of the implementation of auction support scheme in Ukraine
- International experience in auctions
- Forecast of the auction support scheme’s impact on the investment climate
The transition to the auctions would ensure the following:
- Sustainable development of “green” energy
- Establishing a system of competition in the market
- Reducing the cost of “green” energy for consumers.
The representatives of the project UKR IEE “Introduction of Energy Management System Standard in Ukrainian Industry” took an active part in the conference.
Presentations are available through the following links: