The Loan Guarantee Fund was created and launched by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) jointly with Ukrgasbank JSB with the help of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and with the support of national beneficiaries.
The conference was organized by UNIDO, Ukrgasbank JSB, European-Ukrainian Energy Agency.
During the first session of the conference there was a discussion of the UNIDO approach, legislation and the state program in the field of energy efficiency and the importance of the priority implementation of the energy management system and the application of an integrated approach to realizing the energy efficiency potential in the Ukrainian industry since the implementation of energy efficiency measures is extremely important for improving the operation of the energy system, increasing competitiveness and for enhancing the economic development of the country.
A new financial instrument for Ukraine was presented and the terms of lending, requirements for potential borrowers were explained during the second session of the conference. Guaranteed loans, which can be obtained through Ukrgasbank JSB within the framework of the Loan Guarantee Fund, are the most profitable product among loan financing for industrial energy efficiency in Ukraine. The experts on the implementation of energy management systems in industry and representatives of industrial enterprises also talked about their experience during the second session.
The partners of the conference were: Ministry of Energy of Ukraine, Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine, State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine.
- Press Release
- Program of the event.
- Information about the Loan Guarantee Fund.
- You can watch the video recording of the conference by following the links:
- Marco Matteini, Industrial Development Officer, Department of Energy, UNIDO – “Purpose of the development of the Loan Guarantee Fund. Achievements and perspectives“.
- Kostiantyn Gura, Acting Head of the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine – “State Program and engagement of the agency in the areas of energy efficiency and decarbonization”.
- Alexey Paschenko, National Project Coordinator, UNIDO/GEF UKR IEE – “Results and achievements of the UKR IEE Project with industrial enterprises“.
- Yaroslava Krupko, Head of Corporate Business Support Department, UKRGASBANK – “UKRGASBANK’s approach towards corporate clients. Application procedure to receive a guaranteed loan“.
- Pavlo Pertko, Certified UNIDO National Trainer on EnMS implementation, Director, “EnergoManagement PRO” – “Presentation of concrete advantages of EnMS: examples and results from pilot enterprises“.
- Igor Luchynyn, Energy efficiency manager, JSC “Svitlo Shakhtarya” – “Practical experience – implementation of EnMS and EE measures at the machine-building enterprise JSC “Svitlo Shakhtarya”.
- Maria Voloskovets, Senior expert on standardization, certification and quality ASTARTA-KYIV – “Practical experience – implementation of EnMS and EE measures at the sugar production and processing industry, ASTARTA-KYIV“.
- Dmytro Sukhovii, Deputy Chief Power Engineer, PJSC KYIV CARDBOARD AND PAPER MILL – “Practical experience of EnMS implementation in paper production industry. Baselines of energy consumption. Energy planning. Distinction between normalized and specific indicators“.