The Energy Security Forum was the final forum of the year for Energy Club, a business community that brings together leading companies in the Ukrainian energy market and create opportunities for communication between its stakeholders, in a cycle of more than 90 events in 2022.
At the Forum, experts analysed and assessed the state of the renewable energy market, electricity market, gas market, hydrogen energy, energy efficiency.
Given the constant energy blackmail and terror by russia, the development of energy efficiency has become critical for both Ukraine and the EU (within the framework of the REPowerEU plan). Energy efficiency provides ample opportunities for economic, scientific and educational development, decarbonization of the economy, and most importantly – for energy security and energy independence.
Participants of the Ukrainian energy sector shared their thoughts about how the security and stability of the energy sector of Ukraine will be ensured during the war and the post-war development of the Ukrainian energy sector.
Generation, power grid complex, market regulators and traders discussed the problems and tried to predict the future development of Ukrainian energy.
- Security and stability of the Ukrainian energy sector during the war and its post-war recovery. Post-war development of Ukrainian energy sector
- Cybersecurity in the energy sector: what are the challenges facing critical infrastructure facilities in Ukraine?
- Development of electricity storage systems in Ukraine
- Integration of Ukrainian and European energy markets: what are the next steps?
- The state of the gas market of Ukraine in the conditions of war
- Exploration and production of hydrocarbons in Ukraine: reserves potential, challenges, prospectives
- The prospect of creating a regional Eastern European gas hub. Potential benefits for Europe and Ukraine
- The future of green energy in Ukraine. Opportunities and roadmap for the introduction of guarantees of origin of “green” energy in Ukraine
- Energy efficiency in energy, infrastructure, industry, construction and transport. EU and Ukrainian policy
- Biomethane: challenges and opportunities for import substitution in Ukraine and the EU
- Hydrogen economy development in the European dimension
- Sustainability of nuclear energy in wartime conditions and post-war development of low-carbon generation
- Wars and oil sanctions. Experience of previous crises and new challenges
- European experience in servicing electricity consumers
- Restoring the unified gas transmission and distribution systems. Possible financing models: world experience and realities of Ukraine
The detailed program of the event can be viewed on the organizer’s website.
Organizer – Energy Club.
The community goal is to provide maximum communication and analytical support to the decision-making process on sustainable development of the energy sector, as well as to promote energy and energy efficiency; organizes specialized events in the energy sector, develops energy innovations, informs about the most important in the field of Ukrainian and world energy, helps to establish links between energy market participants, researches and analyzes the market, etc.