The workshop “Promoting Industrial Energy Efficiency in Ukraine and Neighboring Countries”, jointly organized by UNIDO and UNECE in partnership with the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine was held in Kyiv on May 27-28, 2019.
On the basis of building a foundation of trust and confidence, the workshop will bring policy makers and industry together in pragmatic and informed discussion in peer-learning environment to develop a common understanding of the challenges facing widespread energy efficiency implementation within industry, and, in turn, identify and agree on potential voluntary and/or mandatory mechanisms and solutions that can be viably further investigated on a national level.
- Improved understanding of and agreement on the main challenges industrial companies and policymakers face when considering energy efficiency implementation.
- Capacity building and improved understanding by policy makers and industry representatives on theapplication of policy best practices and mechanisms to support and improve industrial energyefficiency.
- Identification and agreement on an outline of potential voluntary and/or regulatory solutions to beinvestigated further on a national level.
Hennadiy Zubko, Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine – Minister of Regional Development, Construction and Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine;
Sergiy Savchuk, Chairman of the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine;
Oleksandr Dombrovskiy, acting Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Fuel and Energy Complex;
Marco Matteini, Department of Energy, UNIDO;
Oleh Dzyubynskiy, UNECE Regional Energy Advisor, and
- National, regional and international policy makers
- Energy intensive regional and national enterprises
- National and international organizations
- Industrial energy efficiency experts and practitioners