The meeting was arranged with the purpose to present a short- and medium term strategy to the TA projects and public NGOs and receive their feedback in a form of comments/questions and re-wording of some articles of the presented formal plan.
The participants included Parliament members (head of the energy committee), representatives of the Ministry of Energy and the Environmental Protection of Ukraine, State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine (SAEE), UNIDO, UNDP and GIZ projects on EE, NGOs (Coordinator of housing, communal and energy programs of the civic network “Opora”, Ukrainian Association of EE Cities, EE expert platform).
Mr. Oleksii Riabchin, Deputy Minister on EE, has chaired the meeting and presented the Ministry’s plans (DRAFT Public Policy Concept on Goal 9.1. “Fewer Ukrainians Beyond Energy Poverty and Increased Energy Efficiency of Economy” of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, could be seen at the address).
This chapter describes all Governmental measures dedicated to EE, including industry. The draft of the EE law is currently under completion and will be submitted to other central executive authorities in March. The objective is to get the finally approved law and submit it to Verkhovna Rada by May.
Representatives of the UNIDO UKR IEE project have actively participated in the discussion and gave the following comments and advises:
- To re-word in Governmental documents the expressions “reduction of energy consumption”, “energy saving” to the wording “efficient energy use” and “energy performance”.
- Provision of the including the EnMS as requirement of obtaining state funding for energy efficiency measures.
- To include the EE benchmarking to Governmental program as instrument for evaluation of the efficient energy use by energy users.
- Monitoring and financing of the EE activities should be based on the measured data (not calculated data as currently).
- Implementation of “Voluntary Agreements” for start of monitoring and reporting of energy resources and implementation of EE measures.
- Digitalization of the energy usage data based on either industry branch or regional level within a start of the (pilot) EE data monitoring.